Wednesday, February 22, 2012

ReLENTless

Ah and so today is Ash Wednesday which marks the first day of Lent. Every year I try by best to give something up and stick to it. However, like the second week of most people's New Years Resolutions I have always called it quits after a few weeks. I hoestly think the longest I have gone is 35 days when I was 9 and HAD to do it for Sunday School. By day 35 of no ice cream, I cracked. I was at a Fair. How does one NOT eat ice cream at a Fair? Who has that kind of self control before even hitting the double digits? I was set up for failure.

But I digress. This year I am going to stick to the plan! I am going to give up all meat, chicken, steak, pork etc,. Yep, that's right, Im going Veggie!

For the next 40 days I shall be vegging out (literally) on these delicious creations:

Portobello mushrooms stuffed with spinach and artichoke


Cilantro and coconut milk pasta

Butternut squash, spinach and carmelized onion lasagna













So how about it. What are YOU giving up?



xxA

No comments: