Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Flops!

Friday postings usually consist of my Friday Fab Five, but today I decided to mix things up a bit and post my top picks for Friday Flops. My biggest let down's are....

1. EOS Shave Cream: I was expecting the world from this EOS product but what I really got was a shaving lotion that felt icky on my skin and clogged up my razor. The substance is far too thick to work well with a razor and lathering it up is a difficult task. The only upside, its smell. I will stick to Skintimate from now on.




2. Noxema Face Wash: As a kid I would watch my mom apply her tried and true Noxema and on special nights she would let me join in on the fun! I loved the smell and tingly sensation that it provided and the clean feeling after washing it off. So of course I jumped for joy when I saw that Noxema had a face wash! That is until I used it. The smell is a lighter version of the old (good for some, but I liked the strong scent of the original). It applied well with the Clarisonic and lathered descently. However, once washed off my face was left with a strange feeling...my face felt like rubber! I kid you not! I have never had this happen before and it obviously skeeved me out. I tossed it immediately.



3. Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam: Field trip season is coming up at work and I will be spending every day for the next month outside from 9 to 2. I wanted a no-fuss and lightweight coverup that would not only look natural but feel weightless on my face. Thanks to some distracting ads with flawless-faced models I decided to give this product a go. What a mistake that was! The product (even after a bit of shaking) came out unevenly. Some areas were white while others were tinted. I applied the odd consistency to my face and it was super streaky. It took a few coats (literally) to get my facing looking even. Once I finally looked presentable and was happy with the end product I headed out the door. Well, 2 hours later my face was splotchy and looked like it was melting. The mousse was literally running down my face and felt like I applied a coating of oil. I will never use this product again.




Have you been let down by any products recently?




xxA

No comments: