Tuesday, June 18, 2013

5K Recap!

This past Saturday I ran my first 5K since injuring my knee a few months ago. It wasn't easy and I certainly didn't break any records, but I loved every minute of it. The race was held at a local park on paved trails, which kept the run interesting. Every mile felt like an accomplishment and the last .25 flew by. I may have sprinted the last leg. My official time was 31:55, like I said, no record breaking times here but I was middle of the pack, and that's ALRIGHT with me!

The race certainly tested my knee and my mental limitations, but I am feeling so much better about my recovery. I am already thinking about my next race and am so glad to be (gradually) getting back into my stride!

 

 

Obviously not my official time or distance,
I was prepping before the start.
xxA

No comments: