Monday, March 5, 2012

BB Creams

BB Creams are all the rage in Asia and have finally made their debut in the United States. I have been hearing mixed reviews so I decided to take the task of testing it out myself. I didn't want to shell out too much cash for the top of the line brands so I went with the Garnier version which runs about $20 and can be found at your local drug store.


Here are my thoughts:

What is a BB Cream?
 BB Cream stands for Blemish Balm Creams. Basically its an all in one product which includes a moisturizer, primer, skin care ingredients, SPF and foundation.

What does it do?
 BB Creams claim to provide glowing, healthy and hydrated skin in one step. It is useful in evening out skin discoloration, dullness, blotchiness and dryness while protecting against sun damage and basic acne.

How do you use it?
 Simply dab a alittle bit on your face, brush or wedge and blend. I prefer to use this under my usual Estee Lauder Double Wear Light.

What are my thoughts?
  I have been using the Garnier (in Medium/Deep) for about 2 weeks now and I actually really like it. It provides a nice even and smooth base for simple makeup application. There is minimal coverage which I think will be just fine in the summer and is great alone when rushing out the door or running errands. My only issue is that it is a little on the heavy side so go easy on the product the first few times until you get the hang of it. Otherwise you will end up with a shiny mess. Also, if you are looking for the "miracle" it claims to be, you might be a little let down.

Here are my actual results (WARNING: no makeup)

Fresh out of the shower, no makeup. Notice uneven skin tone, a good amount of redness and shiny forehead and nose.

Just BB Cream. More even tone. Still shiney. A little coverage.


BB Cream + Foundation = Nearly flawless complexion!
(amazing what makeup can do!)


Have you ever tried a BB Cream? What were your results?

xxA

No comments: