Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Fab Five: Green Edition

Happy Friday Lovelies!

Since it's still my "green week" here is a special edition of five fabulous products I am currently loving...

1. Loreal EverStrong Overnight Repair Treatment: this little fellow was a random drug store buy. I have been interested in overnight leave in treatments for quite some time but as I have mentioned before my strands tend to get a little, okay a lot, on the greasy side if I use too much product. But at $5.99 (thank you Rite Aid Wellness Card) I threw it in my basket. Well...this may be the best decision I have made all year! The non-greasy formula smells like a dream and is a light consistency cream. Just a few pumps is all you need then smooth through your dry hair. Give it a few seconds to dry then comb through. Surprisingly, there is no left over residue and it leaves your hair soft, I even went the next day without washing my hair and still, NOT GREASY (this is epic). When I did finally wash my hair, it washed out nicely and when dried...soft supple and shiny hair. I kid you not this stuff is groundbreaking!

2. Maybelline Define a Brow Eyebrow Pencil: I am a HUGE advocate for lush and full eyebrows. I firmly believe that eyebrows can make or break a persons look. I am not overly zealous with the tweezers and I haven't had my babies waxed since I was 19. I tend to like mine nicely defined yet not looking painted on (you know what I'm talking about). Granted, my eye brows aren't perfect, sigh, so I need a little extra help. Enter: the brow liner. I have tried numerous liners, even from the top brands *cough cough* Anastasia, but I never fell in LOVE with one until now. Maybelline's version is more like an eyeliner pen than pencil which makes application a breeze. The other ends is a fine toothed brush that magically takes away any excess and blends it all together flawlessly. And, it comes in 5 shades sure to match any brow.


3. Clean and Clear Morning Burst Shine Control Cleanser: You've heard my shpeel on the Clarisonic and my oily skin...well, combine a shine controlling cleanser, with bursting brightening beads AND a lively scent with the Clarisonic and we have pure magic people! In the morning's we can all use a little pick me up and our faces are no different. This cleanser literally wakes up your skin and leaves your face feeling fresh. Added bonus: it really does control oil! Jackpot!


4. EOS Refresh Everyday Hand Lotion in Cucumber: I love hand lotion more than anyone I know and I have given numerous products a whirl. And while, I usually stick to my AHAVA there are some times that call for a more portable and let's be honest, less expensive lotion. Eos' Cucumber Lotion is great for on the go: beach, pool, boat, night out, and is just as good, if not better than most top of the line hand lotions. The packaging is super cute and it leaves your hands nice and soft without that thick after feeling.

5. Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Intense: if you are looking for a crisp light scent that won't break the bank, this one is a great choice. I wore the original version in high school, when my parents weren't gung-ho about powerful scents on their little girl. Now that I have gotten a little older and my signature scents have obviously changed I can't help but come back to Green Tea. And now, the Intense version, is well..a little more intense, more adult-like. With notes of herbal carraway, peppermint and citrus it is the ultimate too cool for school scent.


I am also going to start reviewing the not-so-fabulous flops that I have tried. So stay tuned...

What products are you currently loving?

xxA

No comments: